ATV Tour Info
All of our tours are guided and are approximately 4 hours in length. There is no need to worry about getting lost or reading maps. Competitive ATV businesses in the area rent you the ATV, give you a map and say good luck. We want to do things a little different here at Black Hills Outdoor Fun and give you a worry free FUN experience to let you enjoy the scenery and the riding without the worry of time schedules, getting lost, or running out of gas.
The tour we guide you on gives you beautiful majestic views of the Black Hills. The trails are easy to ride, are well maintained with many of them being old forest service or logging roads no longer used. There are some areas of rocks and and a few mud holes, depending on the weather conditions but most of the trails are hard-packed surfaces.
What To Bring
When you are riding in the Black Hills, you should always keep in mind that the weather can change in an instant. Here is our suggested list of what to bring for your ATV ride:
- Sunglasses or some sort of eye protection. Goggles (non-tinted) are available with the rental
- Waterproof and breathable rain gear
- Extra Clothing: Dressing in layers is wise but also remember to bring extra clothing if it turns cold.
- Sunscreen: While it may feel cool in the mountains, the UV rays are much more intense at higher elevations and you will burn faster.
- Backpack or other type of pack to secure your personal items, including your phone or camera. Trails and ATV’s can be bouncy and we don’t want you to loose or damage your phone if it was not properly secured.
- Shoes should have closed toes. Sandals are not recommended.
- Valid Drivers License.
Water and snacks are provided by Black Hills Outdoor Fun. Groups can bring food or drinks that they wish but NO ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED!! The ATV’s do have racks on them and we can bungie cord your belongings to them.
- Valid driver licence
- Auto Insurance that you carry (insurance covers individual)
- Signed waiver/release form. We make copies of your ID and insurance at the office.
ATV Tour Rates
All gear is provided and included in the ATV rental cost. It includes helmets, goggles and gloves. South Dakota state law requires anyone the age 18 and younger, must wear a helmet. Anyone age 19 or older can choose to wear a helmet. There is no extra cost for cleaning atv’s and there is no extra cost for fuel. Everything is included in the ATV rental price. Competitive ATV rental businesses charge extra for any gear, fuel and cleaning.
- $135.00 per ATV (4 hours)
- UTV 6 seater $275.00 half day (4 hours)
- UTV 2/3 seater $245.00 half day (4 hours)
- UTV price is 2 adults and up to 4 children ages 6-15
- additional adults beyond the first two on UTV are $20 each (up to 4 more)
- All rates Includes: 1/2 hour atv training (getting familiar with atv)
- Must be 18 years of age and older with valid driver license.
- Ages 16 and 17 can drive ATV if they have a valid drivers license but must be accompanied by parent on tour
- 10% discount per ATV with a group of 3 or more
- 20% discount per ATV or UTV if you are a guest staying at one of our vacation rentals
- Fuel is included
- Protective equipment included
- Water + snacks included
- Cleaning of ATV is included (This is an outdoor sport, the weather can change at a moments notice. Understandably, there could be mud on the trails)
- There is 6% tax added on to final cost of the ATV Rentals
Each reservation is held with a valid credit card.
We have 5 ATV’s and 3 UTV’s (2 six seaters and 1 three seater)
six seat viking VI yamaha ($275.00 half day, 4 hrs)
three seat viking VI ($245.00 half day, 4 hrs)
- One person per ATV (valid drivers license required for each person)
- UTV price is for 2 adults and up to 4 children
- Children have to be from ages 6-15. No one under the age of 6 can ride.
- Additional adults on UTV is $20 extra per adult after the first 2.
- The max group size would be 10 people.
- This would be 4 individual ATV riders
- 2 adults and up to 4 children on UTV (included UTV in rental price)
- Or up to 6 adults on UTV (with extra $20 per adult beyond the first 2)
Tour Times & Seasons
Our ATV Tours operate on the following schedule:
- Morning Ride – 8:00 A.M – 12:00 P.M
- Afternoon Ride – 1:00 P.M – 5:00 P.M
- Please arrive an 1/2 hour prior to tour time for ATV basic instructions and prep
Our ATV Tour season is as follows:
- Call for off season rates: March 1 – May 13 and September 8 – October 31 (limited trails and weather permitting)
- Season starts May 14 – September 7
- Closed November-February
In order to avoid a 50% rental cost charge to the credit card supplied, the reservation must be cancelled at least three days in advance of the ride date
Poor Weather Policy
If we determine the weather is too poor to ride, there will not be any cancellation charges.